David Fanning forwarded this release on the results of his recent numismatic literature sale. -Editor David F. Fanning's second mail-bid auction sale closed on Thursday, June 4. The prices realized are available on the firm's Web site at www.fanningbooks.com .
Some highlights include:
The prices above are the hammer prices, and do not include the 15% buyer's premium.
- Lot 223 (photographs and negatives depicting coins from the Waldo C. Newcomer collection: $4500
- Lot 73 (1702 folio of Charpentier et al. on medals of Louis XIV, with the extremely rare suppressed Preface): $4000
- Lot 75 (1723 folio of Charpentier et al.): $4000
- Lot 315 (Fisher's 1837 description of American medals): $2700
- Lot 145 (1709 Act of Queen Anne, regulating the value of foreign coins in America): $1600
- Lot 186 (Groux's 1856 Prospectus): $1000
- Lot 493 (Wayte Raymond's hardcover copy of his 1939 sale of coins from the Newcomer collection, with various inserted materials): $900
We thank everyone who participated in the sale. Auction III is tentatively scheduled to close on Thursday, December 3, 2009. David Fanning can be reached at (614) 256-8915 or at email@example.com
Wayne Homren, Editor
The Numismatic Bibliomania Society is a non-profit organization
promoting numismatic literature. See our web site at coinbooks.org.
To submit items for publication in The E-Sylum, write to the Editor
at this address: firstname.lastname@example.org
To subscribe go to: https://my.binhost.com/lists/listinfo/esylum
Copyright © 1998 - 2012 The Numismatic Bibliomania Society (NBS)
All Rights Reserved.
NBS Home Page
Contact the NBS webmaster