ARTICLE TITLE BOWERS SEEKS U.S. PAPER MONEY IMAGES FOR WHITMAN BOOK
Dave Bowers submitted the following call for help in locating images needed for his latest book on U.S. Paper Money. The list is too lengthy to include here, but I've reprinted the first section to provide a flavor. Contact me or Dave for more information and a copy of the full list. Not all are great rarities – even current notes are needed for illustration purposes. Can E-Sylum readers help? –Editor
I turned the basic manuscript for the new Whitman Encyclopedia of United States Paper Money to Whitman last month.
I am now down to just a FEW notes for which I need color photos. Especially needed are the small–size.
The listing is divided into two categories: Small size notes and large size, the last including a lot of esoterica. Proofs are fine for some of the high denomination large–size issues. Indeed, circulating examples do not exist of some of them.
Thank you for ANYTHING you can supply!
SMALL SIZE NOTES
- $1 Federal Reserve Note, Series of 2006, Green Seal, current, any FR district.
- $10 Gold Certificate, Series of 1928 Gold Seal. Not released. Might a specimen impression be available?
- $10 Federal Reserve Note, Series of 1928–A, YELLOW–GREEN seal only.
- $10 Federal Reserve Note, Series of 1981–A • F– 2028 any.
- $10 Federal Reserve Note, Series of 2006, current, FORT WORTH
- $500 Federal Reserve Note, Series of 1928, Light Yellow–Green Seal
- $500 Federal Reserve Note, Series of 1934–C • F–2204 any bank
Wayne Homren, Editor
Content presented in The E-Sylum is not necessarily researched or independently fact-checked, and views expressed do not necessarily represent those of the Numismatic Bibliomania Society.
The Numismatic Bibliomania Society is a non-profit organization promoting numismatic literature. For more information please see
our web site at http://www.coinbooks.org/ There is a membership application available on the web site. To join, print the application and return it with your check to the address printed on the application. Visit the Membership page.
Those wishing to become new E-Sylum subscribers (or wishing to Unsubscribe) can go to the following web page
To submit items for publication in The E-Sylum, write to the Editor
at this address: E-Sylum Editor
Copyright © 1998 - 2020 The Numismatic Bibliomania Society (NBS)
All Rights Reserved.
NBS Home Page
Contact the NBS Webmaster