Author Bill Bugert forwarded the following details about his new book, A Register of Liberty Seated Half Dollar Die Varieties Volume I, San Francisco Branch Mint by Bill Bugert with Special Edits by and Consultations with Randy Wiley -Editor The purpose of my new book is four-fold:
- To document all the currently known Liberty Seated half dollars die marriages produced at the San Francisco Branch Mint
- To assist the beginning or advanced Liberty Seated half dollar collector into expanding beyond type, date, or date/mint collecting into die marriage collecting
- To aid the casual collector or dealer with proper variety identification and other pertinent information
- To establish a standard nomenclature for the Liberty Seated half dollar die marriages.
Previously, The Complete Guide to Liberty Seated Half Dollars listed a finite and pre-determined number of the most easily identifiable die varieties of the series. This new book is different and individually documents the San Francisco Branch Mint Liberty Seated Half Dollar die marriages of the obverse, reverse, and collar dies currently known.
It is commonly misunderstood by many collectors and dealers that the Liberty Seated denominations have been studied as extensively as the older copper and bust series, where the discovery of new die marriages is rare. This is far from reality.
The older copper and bust series have been extensively collected, exhaustively studied, and completely documented for many decades. The Liberty Seated series are far behind in that respect and have a lot of catching up to do. I hope to help that along for the half dollars.
The book details all 228 known San Francisco Branch Mint Liberty Seated Half Dollar die marriages with narratives, photos of diagnostics, rarity ratings, background information, etc.
- Includes nearly 1,400 photographs
- 313 pages in 8.5 by 11 inch size
- Printed on high quality 100# anthem gloss paper
- Available in 3-hole punched format (ready for your binder) or plastic comb binding format
- $45 plus $5 postage (Specify which format you desire)
Shipment date is late-May 2009. Order directly from the author at
1230 Red Rock Road
Gettysburg, PA 17325
Wayne Homren, Editor
The Numismatic Bibliomania Society is a non-profit organization
promoting numismatic literature. See our web site at coinbooks.org.
To submit items for publication in The E-Sylum, write to the Editor
at this address: firstname.lastname@example.org
To subscribe go to: https://my.binhost.com/lists/listinfo/esylum
Copyright © 1998 - 2020 The Numismatic Bibliomania Society (NBS)
All Rights Reserved.
NBS Home Page
Contact the NBS webmaster