David Fanning submitted this press release for -Editor David F. Fanning Numismatic Literature’s second auction sale closes this Thursday, June 4. Hard-copy catalogues were distributed some time ago, but a PDF version has been posted on the firm’s Web site at www.fanningbooks.com. Bids may be accepted by mail, phone or e-mail. See the sale’s Terms section for details.
The sale includes several hundred lots of literature on ancient, medieval and modern numismatics, with particular strengths in North American numismatics. Works spanning six centuries and a dozen different languages are included. Highlights include:
- all three original French editions of Charpentier et al. on the medals of Louis XIV
- original photographs and negatives depicting coins from the Waldo Newcomer collection
- a presentation Eidlitz on architectural medals
- Meili on the paper money of Brazil
- a 1709 Act of Queen Anne, regulating the value of coins in America
- a set of Nagy plates of New Jersey coppers
- an April 1792 newspaper printing of the Act Establishing the Mint
- J. Francis Fisher’s 1837 “Description of American Medals”
- a substantial run of the Numismatic Circular
- a plated Jenks in the original binding
David Fanning can be reached at (614) 256-8915 or at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information, or to download a catalogue, go to www.fanningbooks.com .
Wayne Homren, Editor
The Numismatic Bibliomania Society is a non-profit organization
promoting numismatic literature. See our web site at coinbooks.org.
To submit items for publication in The E-Sylum, write to the Editor
at this address: email@example.com
To subscribe go to: https://my.binhost.com/lists/listinfo/esylum
Copyright © 1998 - 2020 The Numismatic Bibliomania Society (NBS)
All Rights Reserved.
NBS Home Page
Contact the NBS webmaster