The Bagchee.com web site is offering another new book on Indian numismatics: Imitations in Continuity: Tracking the Silver Coinage of Early Medieval India by K.K. Maheshwari.
Introduction: Mapping the journey of Indo-Sasanian coinage.
1. In search of beginnings: i. The Sasanian originators. ii. Enter the Huans. iii. Firuz's coins: replications and implications.
2. Enter: two great early medieval currencies: i. Currency in flux: from the mints of the Marauders. ii. Invaders Indianised: the spread of the Gurjara-Pratiharas. iii. Drammas and Gadhaiyas: sorting out variants.
3. Tracking the evolution of the Gadhaiya: i. More about the Gadhaiya branch of the Indo-Sasanian family. ii. Gadhaiya Type I. iii. Gadhaiya Type II. iv. Inscribed Gadhaiyas. v. Malwa Gadhaiyas.
4. The Dawn of Eastern Indo-Sasanian currency: the Chahamanas: i. The Vasudeva imitations. ii. Sri Ha coins. iii. Derivatives of Sri Ha.
5. Eastern Indo-Sasanian currency reaches its Zenith: the pratiharas: i. The Monetisation of the imperial Pratihara empire. ii. Sri Ma coins. iii. Vigrahapala Drammas. iv. Srimadadivaraha drammas. v. Vinayakpala drammas.
6. Contemporary references. Wrap up: Sifting the basket of Indo-Sasanian currencies.
Author(s) : K.K. Maheshwari
Format : Hardcover
ISBN-13 : 9788186786284
Pages : 320p., 153 Figures; Bibliography; Index
Pub. Date : 01 Jan 2010 , 1st ed.
Publisher : IIRNS Publications
Language(s) : English
To order, see:
Imitations in Continuity: Tracking the Silver Coinage of Early Medieval India
Wayne Homren, Editor
The Numismatic Bibliomania Society is a non-profit organization
promoting numismatic literature. See our web site at coinbooks.org.
To submit items for publication in The E-Sylum, write to the Editor
at this address: email@example.com
To subscribe go to: https://my.binhost.com/lists/listinfo/esylum
Copyright © 1998 - 2020 The Numismatic Bibliomania Society (NBS)
All Rights Reserved.
NBS Home Page
Contact the NBS webmaster