Here's a cautionary tale from Viet Nam. "Hey Dude, what would happen if I swallowed this money?"
A Vietnamese man paid the price when he swallowed a polymer bank note which punctured his stomach, media reports said Friday.
The 29-year-old was in stable condition after surgery on Thursday at a hospital in south central Khanh Hoa province, according to the website of Tuoi Tre newspaper.
The patient had suffered from severe intestinal pain for a week after ingesting the 100,000 dong ($4.50) note for unexplained reasons, the report said.
To read the complete article, see:
Vietnamese man pays price of swallowing money
Wayne Homren, Editor
The Numismatic Bibliomania Society is a non-profit organization
promoting numismatic literature. See our web site at coinbooks.org.
To submit items for publication in The E-Sylum, write to the Editor
at this address: email@example.com
To subscribe go to: https://my.binhost.com/lists/listinfo/esylum
Copyright © 1998 - 2020 The Numismatic Bibliomania Society (NBS)
All Rights Reserved.
NBS Home Page
Contact the NBS webmaster