David Sklow forwarded this reminder of his upcoming numismatic literature sale.
David Sklow-Fine Numismatic Books - Mail Bid Sale # 15 Closes Saturday February 11th at 8pm MT.
Bids are accepted via - Email - Fax - Telephone - U.S. Mail
Be sure to submit your bids in the most diverse sale we have ever held. There is something for everyone, collectors, researchers and bibliophiles! So look close and find your treasure!
Here are some of the highlights, a complete catalog is available on our web site and in print form by mail.
- Handbook of U.S. Coins, by Yeoman, Hewitt and Green, several first editions 1942
- Handbook of U. S. Coins, by Yeoman, Hewitt and Green, editions 2nd through 13th including over date/overprint fourth and ninth editions.
- Rarely seen autographed fifth edition Handbook of U.S. Coins, signed by Author Charles E. Green.
- 1908 first Membership Directory of the American Numismatic Association.
- 1913 second Membership Directory of the American Numismatic Association.
- 1917 third Membership Directory of the American Numismatic Association.
- Unique 1883 edition of Andrews, used and annotated by B. Max Mehl as a mockup for his 1924 reprint of the work.
- Ken Lowes deluxe hardbound 100th anniversary edition of Rare Coin Review Copy No. 23.
- Armand Champa's Numismatica Americana 1991 deluxe leather version, ex: Denis Mendelson.
- Unique prototype full green leather bound mockup by Alan Grace  to exhibit his binding techniques to Champa.
- Frossard thirty-seventh sale Oct 1884, thick paper, plated.
- Frossard Monograph on 1793-1857 Cents & Half Cents, 1879, 9 plates.
- Frossard, Numisma 1983 reprint super deluxe half leather limited numbered edition No. 3 of 4.
- Gengerke's American Numismatic Auctions 1990 eighth edition super deluxe half leather limited numbered edition No. 3 of 6.
- Unique prototype hardbound textured green cloth black mockup for Gengerke's eighth edition.
- Rare three volume set of bound auction catalogs one thru ten of The Money Tree limited numbered editions No. 1 of 7.
- Scott & Co. 40th sale catalog March 1882, plated.
- Smith, A. M. Coin Collectors of the U. S. Illustrated Guide, Volume one complete 1880-1881.
- Smith, Pete American Numismatic Biographies 1992, half leather super deluxe limited numbered edition No. 3 of 4.
- 1946 Davenport, Iowa Rare three piece convention medal set of the American Numismatic Association, Bronze, Silver &amp; Gold medals in original box.
- 1975 Los Angeles, Ca. Rare American Numismatic Association convention medal in gold, limited numbered 74 of 161.
- 1976 New York, N.Y. Very Rare American Numismatic Association convention medal in gold, limited numbered 24 of 41.
- 1987 scarce Casa de Moneda de Mexico and American Numismatic Association 63mm five ounce silver medal.
- Unique mockup [by Fivaz & Stanton] working copy of the Cherrypickers guide second edition used to create the third edition.
- Run of Official ANA Convention medal sets all in original holders or boxes 1969 to 1992, 1996-1999.
- Never offered for sale before, the newly awarded ANA Presidential Award Medal 76mm. inscribed to Rollie Finner.
- The fabulous working library concerning Medals & Tokens of Russ Sears, containing many limited editions.
- A long run of Yeoman's Red Book 1947-2002, including many special editions.
- An enormous working library, both U. S. & world of a dedicated dealer, some very nice surprises!
- Convention and Banquet photographs of the American Numismatic Association, 1924, 1947, 1948, 1953, 1954, 1958, 1971.
- Dr. Josef Brettauer, Medicina in Nummis 1937 catalog.
- Keith Davignon, Contemporary Counterfeit Capped Bust Half Dollars, full leather super deluxe presentation limited numbered edition No. 5 of 5.
- Elder May 1920 sale of the Miller Collection, Rosa Americana's 1992 reprint with 28 plates produced from full size negatives, bound limited numbered edition No. 23 of 50.
- Fey & Oxman's The Top Morgan Dollar Varieties: The VAM Keys, full leather super deluxe limited numbered edition No. 50 of 100.
- R. W. Julian, Russian Silver Coinage 1796-1917, quarter leather super deluxe limited numbered edition No. 2 of 24.
- Glenn R. Peterson, The Ultimate Guide to Attributing Bust Half Dollars, quarter leather super deluxe limited numbered edition No. 3 of 40.
- Nice run of Pine Tree Auction catalogs
- Nicolas Tindal, 1751 A Summary of Mr. Rapin de Thoyras's History of England, [elephant folio].
Bidders may enter bids by mail, telephone, email or fax. The sale closes at 8pm mountain time, Saturday February 11, 2012, however, any bids left on our answering machines or sent by email or fax on or before midnight on closing day will be accepted.
David Sklow-Fine Numismatic Books
P.O. Box 6321
Colorado Springs, CO 80934
Wayne Homren, Editor
The Numismatic Bibliomania Society is a non-profit organization
promoting numismatic literature. See our web site at coinbooks.org.
To submit items for publication in The E-Sylum, write to the Editor
at this address: firstname.lastname@example.org
To subscribe go to: https://my.binhost.com/lists/listinfo/esylum
Copyright © 1998 - 2020 The Numismatic Bibliomania Society (NBS)
All Rights Reserved.
NBS Home Page
Contact the NBS webmaster