Horacio Morero, President of the Instituto Uruguayo de Numismática, submitted this summary of the contents of the latest issue of the club's publication El Sitio. Thanks!
“El Sitio” Nº 6 contains six interesting numismatic articles:
1) A story related to the famous “El Peso del Sitio” 1844 coin, the first
Uruguayan silver coin. The investigation, by Hugo Mancebo Decaux, presents the reclamation of the Cofradía del Santísimo Sacramento for the money and silver donated in 1843 for the struck of the “El Peso del Sitio”.
2) An essay of catalogation of Uruguayan private money paper issuers, written by Rodolfo Franci.
3) The swindle made by an ex banker, by Javier Avilleira.
4) The tokens of Sasiain, by Daniel Fernandez Calvo.
5) Identifying shearing tokens (first part), by Horacio Morero and Mario Sánchez.
6) One Sunday, the Marketplace and a Nice Story, by Daniel Padula.
There are two pages as well -with several pictures- dedicated to the annual New Year’s Eve party developed at December 12th, 2012, in the Noa-Noa Club.
To read the complete issue, see:
Wayne Homren, Editor
The Numismatic Bibliomania Society is a non-profit organization
promoting numismatic literature. See our web site at coinbooks.org.
To submit items for publication in The E-Sylum, write to the Editor
at this address: firstname.lastname@example.org
To subscribe go to: https://my.binhost.com/lists/listinfo/esylum
Copyright © 1998 - 2020 The Numismatic Bibliomania Society (NBS)
All Rights Reserved.
NBS Home Page
Contact the NBS webmaster