Roland Rollins has published an update to his book on American Bank Note Company promotional sheets and test notes. He passed along this announcement.
I released the new 2022 edition of the American Bank Note Test Catalog in March. The first edition in 2019 sold out in 3 months.
Here are some specifics:
1. Spiral bound book to lay flat while open, no breaking the binding.
2. UV (ultraviolet), close up, and sharp angle images to show security features present.
3. Current valuations in uncirculated or best known condition for all notes.
4. 109 pages - 84 in 2019!
5. All COLOR NOTE IMAGES, attributing all sub-varieties, such as date, logo, address, color, material, security device differences, and others.
6. All 39 known ABNC predecessor firms producing test notes, including Printer's test, house and advertising notes from the 1820's forward. There were 27 firms in the 2019 book!
7. Images of 95+% of each test note set.
8. Only test note catalog for the American Bank Note Company.
9. Table of Contents lists Firm, number of unique cataloged notes, number of sub-varieties and comments. Now also shows the alpha catalog designation for each firm. For example, ABNC has 167 test notes with 318 varieties attributed.
10. Cross reference "family trees" of all firms that formed the American Bank Note Company.
11. Cost is $25 plus $4.50 shipping for US collectors.
The catalog is available on Ebay or directly from my website using cash, check, money order, or PayPal at:
To read the earlier E-Sylum article, see:
NEW BOOK: PROMOTIONAL SHEET & TEST NOTES
Wayne Homren, Editor
The Numismatic Bibliomania Society is a non-profit organization
promoting numismatic literature. See our web site at coinbooks.org.
To submit items for publication in The E-Sylum, write to the Editor
at this address: firstname.lastname@example.org
To subscribe go to: https://my.binhost.com/lists/listinfo/esylum
Copyright © 1998 - 2021 The Numismatic Bibliomania Society (NBS)
All Rights Reserved.
NBS Home Page
Contact the NBS webmaster