Welcome to NBS
The Numismatic Bibliomania Society (NBS) is an educational association founded in 1979 to support and promote the use and collecting of numismatic literature. Numismatic literature includes books, periodicals, catalogs and other written or printed material relating to coins, medals, tokens, or paper money, ancient or modern, U.S. or worldwide.
This Week's E-Sylum
October 20, 2019
- WAYNE'S WORDS: THE E-SYLUM OCTOBER 20, 2019
- FINAL REMINDER FOR KOLBE LIBRARY SALE
- NEW BOOK: CASH IN YOUR COINS, 3RD EDITION
- NEW BOOK: BREWERY TOKENS OF URUGUAY
- BANKNOTE BOOK COLOMBIA CHAPTER PUBLISHED
- The Aaron Feldman Exhibit Awards for 2019 were First Place to Michael Shutterly and Second to Marc Charles Ricard. Michael Shutterly's exhibit can be seen
Buy the Books for the Coin
- Back Issues - Kolbe & Fanning Numismatic Booksellers are now managing the distribution of back issues of the award-winning journal The Asylum. Back issues are available in limited numbers. An inventory of what's available can be downloaded at numislit.com/pdfs/AsylumBackIssues.pdf. Contact Kolbe & Fanning at firstname.lastname@example.org or (614) 414-0855 to order.
- The Asylum Author Index has been updated. It is available on the NNP or on The Asylum page.
Invasion of Champaign
Following this year's World's Fair of Money, NBS members joined Dan Hamelberg at his home in Champaign, Illinois to explore his numismatic library. Watch a video tour of this event, produced by Lianna Spurrier, under sponsorship of the Eric P. Newman Numismatic Education Society. https://nnp.wustl.edu/library/book/567853
V37N3 Table of Contents
- Message from NBS President Tom Harrison
- Report from the NBS Symposium and NBS Annual Meeting, including The Asylum awards and results of the NBS Annual Benefit Auction By Joel J. Orosz
- Invasion of Champaign By Len Augsburger
- Written History of 1793 Cents By Jim Neiswinter
- Ken Lowe Remembered By Myron Xenos
- Gerald Hart, Canadian Numismatist and Bibliophile By Ted Banning
- A Small Beginning: The First Six Volumes of The Numismatist By Len Augsburger
- The Crondall Hoard By David Pickup