Welcome to NBS
The Numismatic Bibliomania Society (NBS) is an educational association founded in 1979 to support and promote the use and collecting of numismatic literature. Numismatic literature includes books, periodicals, catalogs and other written or printed material relating to coins, medals, tokens, or paper money, ancient or modern, U.S. or worldwide.
This Week's E-Sylum
July 12, 2020
- WAYNE'S WORDS: THE E-SYLUM JULY 12, 2020
- NEW BOOK: THE CLASSIC GRAZ PFENNIG
- NEW BOOK: THE COINAGE OF TRIPURA
- BOOK REVIEW: U.S. CLASSIC GOLD COINS OF 1834-1839
- BOOK REVIEW: PHILIPPINE MEDALS & TOKENS, 3RD ED.
NBS commissioned Lianna Spurrier to produce a quarterly podcast for NBS. Below are NBS Bibliotalk Podcasts to date:
Episode 1 - Louisville vs. Lawrenceville
Episode 2 - 300 Linear feet of Books
Episode 3 - The ANS Library, with David Hill
NBS Podcasts are also on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, and Spotify.
- The Aaron Feldman Exhibit Awards for 2019 were First Place to Michael Shutterly and Second to Marc Charles Ricard. Michael Shutterly's exhibit can be seen
Buy the Books for the Coin
- Back Issues - Kolbe & Fanning Numismatic Booksellers are now managing the distribution of back issues of the award-winning journal The Asylum. Back issues are available in limited numbers. An inventory of what's available can be downloaded at numislit.com/pdfs/AsylumBackIssues.pdf. Contact Kolbe & Fanning at email@example.com or (614) 414-0855 to order.
- The Asylum Author Index has been updated. It is available on the NNP or on The Asylum page.
V38N2 Table of Contents
The Asylum Special Issue: "Evolution of a Numismatic Library" To help all numismatic bibliophiles through this stressful time, we are offering The Asylum's Summer 2020 Special Issue, "Evolution of a Numismatic Library, Part 1" free to everyone. Download your copy of this special theme issue and share our love of numismatic literature.
Click on the Cover above or the link below for free PDF:
Free PDF of Asylum V38N2 Summer 2020
Martin Gengerke has made his book on ANA Auctions Open Source and available for download by NBS Member at no charge. The book can be found on the Resources Page. The book will also be placed on the NBS Wiki so that NBS members can add information to the book.