Welcome to NBS
The Numismatic Bibliomania Society (NBS) is an educational association founded in 1979 to support and promote the use and collecting of numismatic literature. Numismatic literature includes books, periodicals, catalogs and other written or printed material relating to coins, medals, tokens, or paper money, ancient or modern, U.S. or worldwide.
This Week's E-Sylum
November 17, 2019
- WAYNE'S WORDS: THE E-SYLUM NOVEMBER 17, 2019
- ASYLUM WINTER 2019 ISSUE PUBLISHED
- NEW BOOK: THE SCHER COLLECTION
- NEW BOOK: MONEY ART
- WRITING LOST AND FOUND COIN HOARDS
- The Aaron Feldman Exhibit Awards for 2019 were First Place to Michael Shutterly and Second to Marc Charles Ricard. Michael Shutterly's exhibit can be seen
Buy the Books for the Coin
- Back Issues - Kolbe & Fanning Numismatic Booksellers are now managing the distribution of back issues of the award-winning journal The Asylum. Back issues are available in limited numbers. An inventory of what's available can be downloaded at numislit.com/pdfs/AsylumBackIssues.pdf. Contact Kolbe & Fanning at email@example.com or (614) 414-0855 to order.
- The Asylum Author Index has been updated. It is available on the NNP or on The Asylum page.
Invasion of Champaign
Following this year's World's Fair of Money, NBS members joined Dan Hamelberg at his home in Champaign, Illinois to explore his numismatic library. Watch a video tour of this event, produced by Lianna Spurrier, under sponsorship of the Eric P. Newman Numismatic Education Society. https://nnp.wustl.edu/library/book/567853
V37N4 Table of Contents
- A Complete List of the Literature for Greek Banknotes By Evangelos Fysikas
- A Journey to the Bindery By Kingsley Hong
- A Newly-Described Printing of Charles Ira Bushnell’s Early New York Tokens By Joel J. Orosz
- A Life Story and How NOT to Research Numismatists By David Pickup
- A Supplement to “NBS Charter Members” by Pete Smith in the 40th Anniversary Issue of The Asylum By Joel J. Orosz
- From Little Acorns By David Gladfelter
- How to Collect: Roman Coin Books By David Pickup