Alan Stahl, Curator of Numismatics at Princeton University forwarded information about a new book being published by Princeton University Library. Copies can be purchased for $20 (plus $2.50 for postage) from the Friends of Princeton University Library, One Washington Road, Princeton, NJ 08544.
Inquiries can be made to Linda Oliveira at firstname.lastname@example.org or at (609) 258-3155. The full title and primary chapter headings are shown below. -Editor
THE REBIRTH OF ANTIQUITY Numismatics, Archaeology, and Classical Studies in the Culture of the Renaissance, Edited by Alan M. Stahl with the assistance of Gretchen Oberfranc.
- Numismatics in the Renaissance by Alan M. Stahl
- Of Mauss and (Renaissance) Men: Numismatics, Prestation, and the Genesis of Visual Literacy by John Cunnally
- Antonio Agustín and the Numismatists by William Stenhouse
- The Local Antiquary in Eighteenth-Century Rome by Tamara Griggs
- Peiresc and the Study of Islamic Coins in the Early Seventeenth Century by Peter N. Miller
- Appendix I: Identification of the Islamic Coins in ms. c.10.31, pages 276–83 by John Cunnally
- Appendix II: Identification of the Other Islamic Coins in ms. c.10.31 by Stefan Heidemann
Wayne Homren, Editor
The Numismatic Bibliomania Society is a non-profit organization
promoting numismatic literature. See our web site at coinbooks.org.
To submit items for publication in The E-Sylum, write to the Editor
at this address: email@example.com
To subscribe go to: https://my.binhost.com/lists/listinfo/esylum
Copyright © 1998 - 2012 The Numismatic Bibliomania Society (NBS)
All Rights Reserved.
NBS Home Page
Contact the NBS webmaster