I have five books published on tokens and medals used by various businesses throughout southern Ontario. These are:
After seeing his ads in a Canadian numismatic publication I wrote to author Harry James for more information, and he submitted the following. For more information or to place an order, contact Harry at firstname.lastname@example.org
Numismatically Elgin, Numismatically Oxford, Numismatically Middlesex, Numismatically Norfolk and Numismatically Perth. Each of these books covers various businesses in the county covered and the tokens or medals they used. A brief history of the businesses and a description of the tokens used by them along with illustrations of the tokens and some of the stores is in each edition.
Numismatically Elgin is currently out of print but should be available shortly. The cost of the books are $15 plus $4 postage for Elgin, Oxford and Middlesex and $18 plus $4 postage for Norfolk and Perth.
I am currently working on a book for Waterloo County as well as Essex County. I am not expecting that either will be ready in the very near future. I also hope to begin on Brant County some time soon.
Our 98th mail-bid sale of numismatic literature features
selections from the library of Valerie Renee Nickles
(and other consignors)
- Lot A22 - McCawley & Grellman - Scott Barnes Sale - hardbound in leather and numbered.
- Lot C10 - Q. David Bowers' American Coin Treasures and Hoards - signed by QDB and inscribed by John J. Ford, Jr.
- Lot C31 - Ivy Press - 1990 - the two-part interview with John J. Ford, Jr. - Ford has written a rather caustic inscription relating to his situation vis-a-vis Territorial Gold, etc. Both issues are signed.
- C34 - Alan Kessler - 1976 - The Fugio Cents
- E15 - D. R. Cooper - 1988 - The Art and Craft of Coinmaking.....
- E42 - G. Michailovitch - 1973 (reprint) - Monnaies de L'Empire de Russie:1725-1894
- F55 - W. Wolka - 2004 - Nineteenth Century Ohio Obsolete Bank Notes and Scrip
- H89 - J. R. Snowden - 1861- ......Medals of Washington........
- J18 - C. S. Brigham - 1969 - Engravings of Paul Revere
The closing date of the sale is May 26, 2009 at 5:00 PM (EDT) and the catalog may be viewed at: www.lakebooks.com/current.html
Wayne Homren, Editor
The Numismatic Bibliomania Society is a non-profit organization
promoting numismatic literature. See our web site at coinbooks.org.
To submit items for publication in The E-Sylum, write to the Editor
at this address: email@example.com
To subscribe go to: https://my.binhost.com/lists/listinfo/esylum
Copyright © 1998 - 2012 The Numismatic Bibliomania Society (NBS)
All Rights Reserved.
NBS Home Page
Contact the NBS webmaster