NEW YEAR'S RESOLUTIONS
It's been a great year for The E-Sylum and the Numismatic Bibliomania Society. We ended 1999 with a subscriber count of 265; at the end of 2000 we have over 350 readers. The NBS membership roster contains nearly 300 members.
Please resolve to help your society in one or more ways this year. Small contributions from just a handful of members can make the difference between an average year and an outstanding one. Please consider contributing in one of the following ways:
- 1. Write an article for our print journal, The Asylum. Any topic in the realm of numismatic literature is fair game. I'm sure every one of you has an interesting story or two to share.
- 2. Participate in The E-Sylum; write a thoughtful response, or submit an interesting research question. Start a new topic related to your favorite area of numismatic literature.
- 3. Promote the NBS and The E-Sylum; Tell your collecting friends about us, even if they don't actively collect numismatic literature. We welcome experts and novices alike.
- 4. Give a presentation at a regional or national meeting of NBS.
- 5. Serve as an officer. Elections are coming up this year. Any one of the present Officers and Board Members can confirm that service is not an onerous task; with the availability of email, society business has been carried on throughout the year with relative ease. We particularly encourage our overseas friends to consider becoming more active in the Society.
- 6. Coordinate a special project for NBS. This could be any task in which you take a special interest, such as compiling bibliographies, putting literature or bibliographies on our web site, or reprinting classic works in numismatic literature.
An organization such as ours lives and dies by the contributions of its volunteer members. Please make this a year where you resolve to give something of yourself to make your organization the best it can possibly be.
Happy New Year!
Wayne Homren, Editor
Content presented in The E-Sylum is not necessarily researched or independently fact-checked, and views expressed do not necessarily represent those of the Numismatic Bibliomania Society.
This is a static archive page documenting the originally published content. Links were active at the time of publication but may no longer work. Check subsequent issues for corrections and commentary.
The Numismatic Bibliomania Society is a non-profit organization promoting numismatic literature. For more information please see
our web site at http://www.coinbooks.org/ There is a membership application available on the web site. To join, print the application and return it with your check to the address printed on the application. Visit the Membership page.
Those wishing to become new E-Sylum subscribers (or wishing to Unsubscribe) can go to the following web page
To submit items for publication in The E-Sylum, write to the Editor
at this address: E-Sylum Editor
Copyright © 1998 - 2020 The Numismatic Bibliomania Society (NBS)
All Rights Reserved.
NBS Home Page
Contact the NBS Webmaster