Pete Smith compiled this interesting quiz on numismatists in sports. It's tough! Who can get the best score? -Editor
The popular image of a numismatist is a man sitting at his desk examining coins with a magnifying glass. Numismatists are not typically known for also engaging in strenuous
sport. This quiz tests your knowledge of Numismatists also known for accomplishment in sport.
1. Who won the first gold medal at the 1896 Olympics in Athens?
2. In early Olympics there was an event called the "Plunge" that involved swimming a distance underwater. What numismatist took a silver medal in this event?
3. What living numismatist has scored ten perfect 300 games bowling?
4. What coin collector is in the American Bowling Congress Hall of Fame and the Professional Bowlers Association Hall of Fame?
5. What numismatist earned a Worlds Series ring in 1984?
6. What numismatic author scored seven holes-in-one golfing?
7. What coin collector was inducted into the International Game Fishing Association Hall-of- Fame?
8. What numismatist climbed 32 mountains greater than 14,000 feet?
9. What professional basketball player served on the Citizens Coinage Advisory Committee?
10. What member of the ANA Numismatic Hall of Fame was partial owner of the Texas Rangers baseball team?
11. What numismatist once owned the Los Angeles Lakers in the NBA?
12. Name two coin collectors who owned the Los Angeles Kings in the NHL.
13. Who owned the Indiana Pacers basketball team?
14. Who was captain of a national championship cycling team?
15. I am aware of a coin collector who has completed 37 marathons. Can you identify him or any collector who has completed more marathons?
Wayne Homren, Editor
The Numismatic Bibliomania Society is a non-profit organization
promoting numismatic literature. See our web site at coinbooks.org.
To submit items for publication in The E-Sylum, write to the Editor
at this address: email@example.com
To subscribe go to: https://my.binhost.com/lists/listinfo/esylum
Copyright © 1998 - 2012 The Numismatic Bibliomania Society (NBS)
All Rights Reserved.
NBS Home Page
Contact the NBS webmaster