Welcome to NBS
The Numismatic Bibliomania Society (NBS) is an educational association founded in 1979 to support and promote the use and collecting of numismatic literature. Numismatic literature includes books, periodicals, catalogs and other written or printed material relating to coins, medals, tokens, or paper money, ancient or modern, U.S. or worldwide.
This Week's E-Sylum
November 29, 2020
- WAYNE'S WORDS: THE E-SYLUM NOVEMBER 29, 2020
- MORE DAVIS DECEMBER 2020 SALE SELECTIONS
- SOLIDUS JANUARY 2021 LITERATURE SALE
- NEW BOOK: THE CONJUROR'S TRICK
- NEW BOOK: ZERO EURO SOUVENIR NOTES
NBS commissioned Lianna Spurrier to produce a quarterly podcast for NBS. Below are NBS Bibliotalk Podcasts to date:
- Episode 1 - Louisville vs. Lawrenceville
- Episode 2 - 300 Linear feet of Books
- Episode 3 - The ANS Library, with David Hill
- Episode 4 - A Gengerke Set, with Dan Hamelberg
- Episode 5 – The World of Bookbinding
NBS Podcasts are also on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, and Spotify.
V38N4 Table of Contents
In this issue:
- The Rare First Printing of The Fantastic 1804 Dollar: An Explanatory and Comprehensive Census of Surviving Copies, By Leonard Augsburger and Joel J. Orosz
- Good Manners for Today’s Polite Coin Collector: A Cradle-to-Grave Handbook of Numismatic Etiquette, By Christopher R. McDowell
- Remembering Frank Katen, By Charles Sullivan
- 21 Years After Frost’s Encheiridion: The Second American Book on Ancients, By David D. Gladfelter
- My Personal Numismatic Library, By Charles Davis
- James Ferrier, Jr.: Hardware Merchant, Numismatist and Microscopist, By Ted Banning
- A Collection of Trifles, By David Pickup
Click on the link below for free PDF Copy of the Summer Issue V38N2:
Free PDF of Asylum V38N2 Summer 2020
Martin Gengerke has made his book on ANA Auctions Open Source and available for download by NBS Member at no charge. The book can be found on the Resources Page. The book will also be placed on the NBS Wiki so that NBS members can add information to the book.
Photo from the cover of Louis Helfenstein Collection of Large Cents (August 14, 1964). Catalog image courtesy of Dan Hamelberg.
- The Aaron Feldman Exhibit Awards for 2019 were First Place to Michael Shutterly and Second to Marc Charles Ricard. Michael Shutterly's exhibit can be seen
Buy the Books for the Coin
- Back Issues - Kolbe & Fanning Numismatic Booksellers are now managing the distribution of back issues of the award-winning journal The Asylum. Back issues are available in limited numbers. An inventory of what's available can be downloaded at numislit.com/pdfs/AsylumBackIssues.pdf. Contact Kolbe & Fanning at email@example.com or (614) 414-0855 to order.
- The Asylum Author Index has been updated. It is available on the NNP or on The Asylum page.